POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : light dependant image_map? : Re: light dependant image_map? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light dependant image_map?
From: Erhard Ducke
Date: 29 Nov 2003 11:59:45
Message: <76jhsv4pk8ttf7o4su0flpeeja13hg5ols@4ax.com>
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:24:05 +0100, Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:

>shadow_pigment feature from Mlpov

As a possible and more trivial solution I declared a texture map with a
radial pattern with frequency 1 to the planet sphere like this:

                  texture {
                    radial  frequency 1
                    texture_map {
                      [0.0  T_EARTH_DAY ]
                      [0.5  T_EARTH_DAY]
                      [0.5  T_EARTH_NIGHT]
                      [1.0  T_EARTH_NIGHT]
                    }
                 }

T_EARTH_DAY and T_EARTH_NIGHT contain different bitmaps for day and night.
But now I have a new problem:
When I rotate the radial around the y- and z-axis according to the position
of the sun like this:
texture {
                    radial  rotate y*TIME rotate z*ECLIPTIC_ANGLE
                    texture_map {...}
}

the bitmap travels with the radial pattern so that not only bright and dark
zone are moving but the whole earth seems to rotate...
I tried different positions of rotate, all give the same effect.
So it seems that the left edge of the bitmap isn't related to the sphere
any more as usual but to the radial pattern...
I hope I could make the problem clear...;-)
--
Erhard Ducke